SUPW(socially useful productive work)
Work Education is viewed as purposive and meaningful manual work organized as integral part of the learning process resulting into goods or services useful to the community. The competencies to be developed in this field should include knowledge, understanding skills and values through need based life activities.
The objectives of Socially Useful Productive Work will be to :
- Prepare pupils to practise and perform manual work individually and collectively.
- Acquaint children with the world of work and services to the community and develop in them a sense of respect for manual workers.
- Develop a desire to be useful members of society and contribute their best to the common good.
- Indicate positive attitudes of team work and socially desirable values like self-reliance, dignity of labour, tolerance, cooperation, sympathy and helpfulness.
- Help in understanding the principles involved in the various forms of work and lead children to participate increasingly in productive work as they go from one stage of education to another and, thereby, enable them to earn while they learn.